really long corner - angle bead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All - first post!

I'm about to plaster a wall with a bay window and have a question...

I have bought some angle bead (minimesh) which comes in 2.4m length. The problem is that the corner is 2.7m high (victorian house). Is it ok to cut the angle bead to fit the entire length?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi newplasterer - First time answering!

Yeah you are fine to cut and join beads, (though for future ref you can get them in 3m lenghts) you'll need a decent pair of tin snips though or you can make a right pigs ear of them.

Cut them to a bit of a point so the edges dont over lap and take a little time fitting them to make sure they're level.
One tip Ive been told is to chop the end off a nail and slip it in the groove of the beads to join them up nicely.

One tip Ive been told is to chop the end off a nail and slip it in the groove of the beads to join them up nicely.

That sounds a good tip ;)

Like the OP I've always used the 2.4m beads, as I can't get 3m in the car easily. Prob could do (with it poking out the window), but prefer not driving along looking like I'm trying to joust pedestrians!

Hi newplasterer - First time answering!

Yeah you are fine to cut and join beads, (though for future ref you can get them in 3m lenghts) you'll need a decent pair of tin snips though or you can make a right pigs ear of them.

Cut them to a bit of a point so the edges dont over lap and take a little time fitting them to make sure they're level.

When you put the nail in just pinch the edges of the inside of the beads to hold the nail firm , Good advice SS... ;)

Sponsored Links
Also a bit of electric cable does the trick (you know, the bits you cut off because the sparky hasn't tucked them in !!)

How very dare you!! Good tips lads but always best to get it out of one length where possible.

nice tip for setting rendering beads:
get your render bead cut to size then measure the wing, say the wing is 50mm measure 30mm off the corner and mark it on the wall, do the same at the bottom then string and ping it, dob out the bead and push it up lineing the edge of the wing to the chalk line.
shimples (meerkat noise) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back