Realy annoying intermittent central heating problem.

I'm having what sounds like exactly the same problem with the same actuator, a Sunvic SDM 1901 (installed in May 2004).

HW works on demand every time.

If CH is demanded while HW is being demanded valve goes to mid position and everything works.

However, once HW is no longer being demanded CH does not always kick in. I may need to raise and lower the wall thermostat several times or toggle the CH on and off at the controller before the CH will kick in. I've checked the voltages at the terminal block in the airing cupboard and controller and wall thermostat appear to be doing their thing; the white and grey wires go live but the valve actuator makes no attempt to move. When the actuator is removed I can turn the valve "D" shaft easily with my fingertips so I think the actuator needs replacing.

Anyone know what the current replacement actuator is? The SDM 1901 is no longer listed on Sunvic website. http://www.sunvic.co.uk/ps.html

Sponsored Links
Rung Sunvic; they say the valve is too new (2.5 years old in my case) to sell just the actuator. But obviously old enough to be 18 months out of warranty!

Any recomendations on a reliable brand of 3 port valve? The original one (blue case mounted on the side of the T, not the top, can't remember the name) lasted 15 years before it started to dribble. 2.5 years is underwhelming by my standards.

I am suffering the same problem. I have just replaced an SDM 1901 actuator for a replacement - and it already has the same problem.

Can anyone advise me of a replacement 3 valve actuator. Or failing that a reliable alternative make that will just drop into this system.

Many Thanks

As a tip wire the new 3 port valve head into the controlls before you drain down and change the lot.
Then run the system as normal to see if it all runs ok
I always do that and can save alot of wasted time!

Sponsored Links
Tagging on to a 3 year old thread won't get you very far!

Start a new thread :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back