Rear camera view is reversed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been bought a HP f870g in car camera recorder. Straightforward piece of kit and has many functions but I have a problem with the rear camera. It shows the back view in reverse! i.e. When viewing the files it looks as though everyone is driving on the wrong side of the road and all the buildings are therefore on the wrong side.

I've been on the HP site and looked at other sites but can't find out how to adjust the cameras view of the rear. There is nothing in the instructions for this either. Does anyone know how I can set it correctly so it looks as though I, and everyone else, is driving on the correct side of the road?

Sponsored Links
is it set up as a reversing camera?
might be that people automatically assume stuff is in reverse due to mirrors, so they keep it that way?

No it's in reverse when I play it on my PC. Tried uploading a file but it's too big.

If you get hold of HP Customer Services in the UK, let me know. I've got problems with my dashcam, I think the internal battery is dead.

Sponsored Links
Try 'horizontal flip' or it's equivalent when playing on PC.
eg.
VLC media player : 2.2.6 Umbrella.

• Tools
  • Effects and Filters. (CTRL + e gets this)
  • Video Effects
  • Geometry
  • Transform
  • Open drop menu (below 'transform')
  • Choose Flip Horizontally.
  • Close

-0-

Empip. Thank you. It works, the only problem is my GPS location, eg. N47'34' 12 W25'62'12 (example figures), are reversed now LOL, but that's no bother.

Once again thank you, I could never have found that out!

Back