rear end repair time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got rear ended yesterday, and trying to sort a few thing out, and the insurance company cant give me any timescales yet.

pug 406 needs new rear bumper, tailgate and trims, new light clusters on o/s all needs spray etc to match in (metallic)

I will only be without vehicle for the repairs, it is road safe.

Just trying to sort work etc, or if I need to pry a decent sized curtosy car out of them, I can manage with a small car for a few days, or even a week, but not if it will be 3 or 4 weeks.

any ideas, or is it impossible to tel??

Sponsored Links
Impossible to know without pictures.

Would you not workout better if the insurance company wrote the car off?

As any decent body shop will be expensive and the Peugeot is worth?

Don't rush them, or you will end up with a "rushed repair".

Do let us know how you get on, as it can be a very trying/difficult time getting back to normality.

I would guess your car would be in dock for about a fortnight......bodyshops tend to be crazily busy and often have too many cars in at once to process your own swiftly. There is often more damage than suspected, too (check for a crinkle in the boot floor, for example).
Only my experience!
John :)

Expect the claim for injury ghouls to be in touch, they did with me when someone nudged the rear of my car, as there was no damage and no personel injury, I did not persue the matter but the chap who ran into me tried to say I had rolled back and hit him.
My car an automatic BMW would not roll back, it will hold an almost any slope, he reported it to his insurance company, I thought it would be sensible to report it to mine..I told them in no uncertain terms I was not making a claim
Over the next few days I had claim lawyers trying to tell me I was injured and should put a claim in for whiplash injury.
There is little wonder that insurance costs so much, I will be changing insurance companys' when renewal is due.

Sponsored Links
There is little wonder that insurance costs so much, I will be changing insurance companys' when renewal is due.

why bother? different firm, same leech.

cheers.

A fortnight probably seems sensible if its only the work I have been quoted for (hopefully nothing hidden)

not heard form the insurance company yet, the person I need to speak to always seems to be on the phone, and when they ring me its always at an incovinient time.

luckily the car is still drivable with a bit of tape and coloured gel for the rear lights.

and they can go nuts for any injury claim, I ain't injured... (just my pride in no accidents my fault or not since I was 17 in a car) pretty sure it would have shown up in 3 days

Oh, just to add, I have a repair quote of just under £1600.

If it does get written off, I will probably buy it back and repair it, I cant really afford to get a new car right now.

Sponsored Links
Back