Ford Galaxy 2.3 Heater Failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys hope you can help out as the weather turns colder I really need to get this fixed!

I have a 2002 Galaxy 2.3 Zetec that has been a brilliant workhorse and has served us proud. As it nears the end of it's uselful life i'm trying to eke out yet another winter. Several weeks ago the old bus was due an MOT and one of the few things it faied on was intermittent brake lights. The local garage said that would be no problem and promptly took it away to fix - turned out later it it been related to the tailgate switches or wiring (not too sure which) and they'd had to do some soldering and/or re-wiring. The brake lights now work great, as does the rear screen wiper that had failed years before! but my soon after realised that the clock had stopped and, althought the fan runs at all speeds, the heater only blows out cold air. To be honest i was relieved to have another 12 months ticket and wasn't overly bothered about the lack of a heater (obviously I use another car to get to work and rarely use the Galaxy!). However, as the weather is turning my wife is complaining more about the lack of heat in her car.

Any ideas really appreciated

Pemba

Sponsored Links
Most Fords have a heater valve that is electrically controlled (and they always fail...) probably the Galaxy is similar. Typically its a black plastic box with two pipes going in, and two pipes coming out of it.
Sorry - never done one on a Galaxy!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back