2011 Ford Ka Rear Lights not working

Did you select the bulbs yourself or did Halfords get them off the shelf for you? I think I googled the bulb type and then went in and got them myself and fortunately solved the problem. I have had a similar issue with the car, halford and front wiper blades, they sold us the wrong ones, tried to fit them at home and the connection was incorrect, again googled and exchanged for the correct type of blade. Ironically Halfords sold us their own brand at about £5 more than bosh which were the correct blades. After 2 bad experiences I wouldn’t trust them.

Sponsored Links
We took the existing bulbs out and took those with us and Halfords gave us new ones but we are now thinking they weren’t the correct bulbs in the first place. Hubby has been looking it up and looks like we need 380 p21/5w but what we bought were 382s. Hoping this solves it!

I bet it will. I think I had a similar problem. One of the bulbs in it already was wrong. I basically replaced them all and it was sorted as Halfords messed about moving bulbs around, they left me with a car that just had one light out to one with all lights out ‍♀️. My daughters car is 2011 and have definitely learnt from experience that the best way with this car is to google and look up and buy rather than rely on Halfords to sort it. Good luck getting it sorted.

380's are double filament and 382’s are singles. Usually when people force a 382 bulb into a 380 fitting, you have a brake light on all the time with the lights on but when they are off, the front sidelight will light up when the brakes are applied as the power to the stop light backtracks to the side light circuit. Just look on the bulb holder. If it’s got two contacts, you don’t need a 382!

This may help.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yeah I’m hoping so! We only bought it last week as an 18th birthday present for our son and didn’t know about the lights until yesterday when we went to go out in the dusk. It’s the same age as yours. Googling seems the way forwards and ordered the Haynes manual like the good old days! Thanks for replying appreciate it

Back