Ford Ka rear lights

Ako

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My D-in-Laws 2001 Ka has lost its rear lights & No Plate lights. All bulbs are O.K as are the Fuses. Would appreciate any suggestion. Thanks. Ako
:(

Sponsored Links
Sorry! was'nt expecting a reply so quick. My son said it was the rear lights
so I never checked the fronts (plonker!) They are away so I've just been down to get the keys to check,they live a few doors away, ( 00.20am). No the fronts are not working. Ako

Sometimes there is a fuse box hidden behind the glove box, have you checked the fuses in there?
Failing that, faulty switch or a bad connection are the likely cause, I'll see if I can dig a wiring diagram out later.

Sponsored Links
There is also a relay which controls the lights, turns off main beam when ignition is off, so change that too.
Switch is a pretty common fault though

Found a diagram, do the lights work if you select the parking light?
If not, on the back of the light switch there should be an orange+black wire going to connection 6. If you switch the lights on, can you measure the voltage with a multimeter set to DC volts between this wire and the car bodywork? In a healthy circuit this should read 12v but if the fault is upstream from here it will register 0v.

Thanks for your suggestions lads. I've printed them off, my son-in-law, who is more knowledgeable about these than me and who has a meter is going to check it out at the weekend for us. I'll come back and let you know what we (well he) comes up with. but if you think of anything else ?Been a pleasure being in contact with you. Ako

[/img]

Back