Rear Extension - Drainage Layout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of planning an extension i am trying to resolve the issue of the new drainage requirements. I live in a terraced house where the sewer runs parallel along the rear of the house taking foul connection from the WC Soil Vent Pipe and a foul water (kitchen/wc) from a gully.

As part of the build over agreement i will have to remove the inspection chamber and ensure the foundations bridge the sewer pipe adequately. We wont be able to reroute the sewer pipe so i am thinking that we will need to do the following:
1. Replace the inspection chamber with a piped through 45 degree joint from the SVP
2. Provide a rodding point and foul water connection on the opposite 45 degree angle
3. Internally we will have a substack in the new wc that will need to take multiple feeds from wc and sinks

We have a suspended timber floor so falls should not be an issue.

My key areas of concern are the position of the internal sub stack & AAV. Is it best to take the sub stack and run it to the SVP pipe before it meets the sewer connection or would you suggest another connection to the main sewer. Effectively i am trying to get my head around how to reduce the amounts of bends and rodding points required?

I have attached a couple of images to explain. Any help would be really appreciated.

Attachments

• Drainage 1.pdf
    169.9 KB · Views: 282
  • Roof Detail 1.pdf
    491 KB · Views: 257
Sponsored Links
A connection from a high use (and high risk) SVP would normally need a manhole connection and not a branch.

Get this sorted out before having the rest of the design work done if the extension viability depends on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back