rear extension plans not to scale

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,
my next door neighbour has had a rear extension build . no planning permission needed. only building conrtol . ive copy there plans but it not to scale. it just out a few mm. but all the area measurement are right. would the council be ok with that. also useing the same builder. with original plans. all we are doing is copying the same extension. just saving on the Architect fees.
thanks

Sponsored Links
I should duck for cover if I were you. Copying a layout and general design of what is most likely a pretty generic building is one thing but actually copying and using an architects plans without paying a fee is really taking the pi55.

not taking **** pal. the architects stop doing plans now and say it OK for mi to edit the plan to safe money.

The LPA would soon pick up what you are doing and I don't think they'd be too happy about it... regardless if you were given (verbal) permission by the previous architects.

The way you could save money is to employ an architect/technician and tell them to use the plans for your neighbour as the basis for yours. Still not the best or clean cut way of doing it but at least the drawings would relate to your property.

Sponsored Links
not taking p**s pal. the architects stop doing plans now and say it OK for mi to edit the plan to safe money.

Oh, I should have realised that. It's so obvious now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back