Rear extension Under PD

(probably putting in steels (to be decided))

Id think most certainly be putting in steels :) but in all seriousness you will also be needing a steel over that bi-fold door - has that been discussed?

I only ask because im currently designing a steel (UB + 10mm welded plate to base) for my bi fold 5000mm opening and im quite surprised by the size of steel required to resist lateral torsional buckling.

Sponsored Links
Id think most certainly be putting in steels :) but in all seriousness you will also be needing a steel over that bi-fold door - has that been discussed?

I only ask because im currently designing a steel (UB + 10mm welded plate to base) for my bi fold 5000mm opening and im quite surprised by the size of steel required to resist lateral torsional buckling.

Yes I meant we have not actually fully decided if taking the walls out is what we want.

Sure, but there will be a steel going over the bi fold doors right?

and not taking the doors out exempts from building control too?

Sponsored Links
Yes and only then if the other exemptions are met. I was just wondering - there could be a fair cost saving if the architect is charging for BC approval time / works that are not required.

Thanks Tony - Im getting the same moment in my calcs so good to know we're on the same lines.
I think id rather see a box section there though so im going to run through that check too. Very much appreciate the effort - thanks!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back