Rear vent cooker hoods

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mine has packed up after about five years so looking for a new one Small kitchen 2.5 m x 4 m x 2.50m high. I want one reasonably quiet with good extraction as lots of stir frys etc But having problems finding a decent black hood with rear extraction. It seems they are now out of fashion but I really dont want to start drilling new holes in the wall Any ideas ?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have fitted a few chimney hoods of various makes, and all have all had a spigot that you can fit a flexible duct to. The duct is then routed to suit the application. It can be bent by 90 degrees to allow rear venting. [Mine at home is like this] or installed vertically up through the ceiling. I can't recall seeing one that couldn't be installed with a rear outlet.

Capture.JPG

Sponsored Links
Not sure if you mean a chimney hood as stem describes or an under cupboard type. They can usually be vented out of the top & have a knockout in the rear panel to vent them through the wall.
under cupboard black cooker hoods
No I mean a rear vent cooker hood. I can see dozens of top vent hoods and cupboard hoods but only one rear vent one - ElectriQ. There used to be many with combined rear and top vents and you could use one or the other biut I have only seen this one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back