rear window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i suspect my rear window is letting water in :( because if i feel directly underneath, inside the boot at each corner it is wet :( .
ive got a gun and some sealer and want to know do i just apply it inside the rubber next to glass, or both sides of rubber ?. inner and outer, its not a bad leak/ [ not good either ] i only found out by accident . .regards. r.r.

Sponsored Links
sorry i should have said it is a 1994 eascort saloon, i was getting water nr rear lights [ just a dribble ] but have sorted that with sealer on the gasget.
this is directly underneath the bottom corners of rear window inside the boot . in fact if i hadnt had to put my hand under there [ looking for boot light switch wire on right hand side ] i wouldnt have known , so i checked underneath left side and that was wet to the hand as well.
i thought maybe condensation from inside the car, but its only wet after rain . there isnt any welded seams any where nr .
all was fine untill the car got rear shunted by an idiot :( . and as water gets in anywhere i i was going to reseal the window rubber . regards. r.r.

I would suspect boot seal first. If you're not claustrophobic (or very fat, if so use small child!) get in the boot with a torch and get some one to close it and apply water from a watering can first around the boot seal, then the window seal. You should be able to ID the culprit in this way. Then hopefully helper will release you....

And a new seal will be more effective than a prop. sealant.

Sponsored Links
thanks key player, will give it a try [ only me son can get inside :) ] ill do the technical part with the water :) the rear bump could have moved the lid slighty enough to let wet stuff in , anythink apart from having to clean surplus sealer off. regards./ r.r.

Back