Rear wiper for 2003 vectra

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a 03 vectra and have a problem with the rear wiper arm. Basically it has come off and I don't know how to get it back on, I have a long spring and I know somehow it connect the wiper arm to the motor part which comes out of the back window. I loosened the bolt but the motor part never come off, do you have to go inside the car and take the back panel off from inside the boot or is there a much simple way??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
There is a long spring that connects from the wiper arm to the splined cup that engages with the splined boss that pokes out of the window.....this spring keeps the arm, and therefore blade, in good contact with the glass. Is this what you mean?
John :)

OK, so you are left with a tapered spline that pokes out of the window, and the wiper arm plus blade are held onto that with a nut.....
The long spring should have a hook on each end, and the hook goes through a drilling - one on the arm somewhere and one on the splined cup. If its come off, perhaps either the spring end has rusted off or the drilled hole has done likewise?

Sponsored Links
Its the connecting of the 2 that im having problems with, I took the nut off but the cup doesnt come off, is it supposed to?? I think it would be easier to connect the 2 if it did but I dont want to force it too much if the cup is not supposed to come off like that.
Many Thanks.

Aha I see what you mean. The cup is held on by a splined taper and a nut. They can be ferociously tight and the best thing is to get some WD40 in there. Sometimes the taper gives up with a little levering - sometimes a puller is needed. Laser tools do a suitable tool. Try levering the cup away from the spline (nut on) and tapping the nut smartly. It may break the taper - but if you're not careful it'll also break the glass! Some careful heat could help too.

So do I have to open up the back panel inside the boot compartment?

No, once the nut holding the arm on has been removed, its only the taper holding it in place. I've never seen any other method, anyway!

Sponsored Links
Back