Focus mk3: Dead rear wiper motor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping you can help me, I have a Ford Focus mk3 (61 plate). Was using the rear wiper in the car this morning just fine, went and did some bits and pieces, got back to the car and now its not working. Just dead, no weird noises, no motor strain. Nothing.

I have accessed the motor to check a wire hasn't just come loose, but nothing.

Is this likely the motor? A fusing issue? A switch issue? etc, no other issues with anything else on the car. Kind of want to know its the rear wiper motor before I order the part in. Not sure if any of these are common issues for a focus.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Definitely look for a voltage reaching the motor......wiper motors have a self park mechanism which remains energised when the switch is off (but ignition on) which can lead you astray. No need to buy a new motor just yet!
Did you notice the wiper being a little slow, or perhaps bouncing away from its park position at all?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Good point. I'll check the voltage at the motor, plus find out which fuse it should be and check condition and voltage at that point. At least then I should be able to isolate the problem a little better. Thanks

Is it fitted on a rear opening door? If so check the wiring between body & flap as probably wire broken due to continual opening & closing.

Back