Reasonable quote for new alarm?

Shocking claims on their website re Police response...

:evil:

'Would you prefer the peace-of-mind of a police response to your burglar alarm?

We can add police response to most modern alarm systems (capable of accepting digital communication).

You can then be assured of a guaranteed police-response to your premises along with alerting yourself and keyholders.

Monitoring takes place around-the-clock and police are contacted as soon as the digital signal reaches the alarm-receiving centre.

All this for just
53p per day'

What a bunch of Charlatans . do ACPO and Trading standards know?

Sponsored Links
Playing devils advocate, define Police response.

Judging by the slating you give them i suspect "get Fcked" would be their likely reponse to you. :rolleyes:

Pricewise I only report what my customers have told me they have been given as alternative quotes. Unless they are lying I can only report as I find. I am not in the business of messing people about by asking them to quote jobs for me I have no intention of following through.

I am happy with ACPO it's their perogative how they want to respond to alarms.. not my remit to tell them what to do.

Do you ever answer the topic or do you always attack the man?
Keep your eye on the Keybury vans that pass your house regularly then.
Plastered all over them with NSI Gold and the price of
£495. all in.
Somewhat different to what you keep trying to push.

Hmmm even cheaper than that £425 inc vat at present but thats for ONE door contact and TWO pir sensors.

That would not even cover a proper risk assesment for a one bedroom flat.

Not only that but they are breaking the law advertising a GUARANTEED Police response..
police_response_alarm_system_remote_monitoring_keighley_skiton_ilkley_harrogate_york_leeds.jpg

tsk tsk tsk..nothing to do with you I hope.

Went to a house this week needing 6 x PIRs and 3 x door contacts according to my risk assesment...so that would bump the Keybury price up to what?

Four extra pir's and two extra door contacts , throw in the speechdialler panel too instead of the cheap as chips one originally supplied??

panel upgrade plus £60 . . four PIR plus £200 two door contacts plus £60 so thats 320 plus vat and some extra fitting labour say another £100 so £420 plus vat = £504 plus the original £425 = £929 for a realistic quote.

Or they could just throw in the cheap panel with two pir's and one dc..
I can safely assure you, nothing to do with me.
Simply pointed out your example price is way off the mark. I used them as an example as i know they frequent your area and i myself have followed their vans down your road.

Judging by the slating you give them i suspect "get Fcked" would be their likely reponse to you. :rolleyes:

Hey they are the ones breaking ACPO rules not me and I have not given a slating just pointed out some facts.

The home I visited recently for example with only one door contact and two pir sensors there would be an assured and guaranteed possibility that many of the rooms could have been entered and left again via the same route without setting off the alarm.
It would also be interesting to know what the pirs involved were. If they were standard pirs then you would not get dual confirmation for a police response anyway.

As for police response... What do you think a customers EXPECTATIONS or COMPREHENSION would be if someone told you that by installing one of their alarms - 'You would be assured of a guaranteed Police Response'

assured [əˈʃʊəd]
adj
1. made certain; sure; guaranteed

guar·an·tee
   [gar-uhn-tee] Show IPA noun, verb, guar·an·teed, guar·an·tee·ing.
noun
a promise or assurance, especially one in writing, that something is of specified quality, content, benefit, etc., or that it will perform satisfactorily for a given length of time: a money-back guarantee.
guaranty ( defs. 1, 2 ) .
something that assures a particular outcome or condition: Wealth is no guarantee of happiness.

It does not actually say that the Police response to your alarm may be to turn up whenever they have someone available which may be a day later.

I would imagine that given thet terminology the customer would EXPECT the police to attend his property immediately if his alarm was activated.

As for your quaint expectation of their response to me . . .

Thats pretty much what they are doing to their customers isn't it.
Selling someone an alarm for £425 that wont actually cover all the risks

Sponsored Links

Police response even if we are to ASSUME this means actually attending the site...

http://www.norfolk.police.uk/contactus/policeresponsetimes.aspx

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...fears-police-chiefs-extend-response-time.html

I would say if a burglar has activated an alarm he would have been long gone within 15 minutes..

Would he stick around to burgle before he went...

Given he could sweep a house in two minutes probably so.

I just did a 'mock' burglary of my home. at walking pace not rushing I entered my front door and went round my home and left again after entering every room. It took less than two minutes and in that time I could have picked up two laptops , three sets of car keys , two watches some cash and some financial documents to aid identity theft.

I always attend my neighbours alarms if they activate at any time of day or night but to be honest I always wait 30 seconds or so before getting up out of bed just in case it's a false alarm and it goes silent again...

Even with the NOTION that the Police WILL attend it is no guarantee they will catch anyone..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back