Rebar Mesh Flexibility.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to move a bit of A142 rebar mesh 5m by 3m. Not something I've moved before so not sure how flexible the stuff is?

It's going on a car trailer so the 5m length is fine but it will overhang width wise which is a no-no

Plan A is to ratchet it into a arch and then strap that down. Question is, will it be flexible enough?

Failing that Plan B will be to take the grinder and cut it to the width of the trailer but I would prefer not!

Sponsored Links
Even if you managed to arc it, which I doubt, you would leave the mesh still rolled to some extent, when you then unpack it.
You would then have to unroll it the opposite way, which will be difficult, and will probably be dog legged, if you managed it.
I would take a portable angle grinder and some cutting discs, job done.

agreed. been humping this stuff about for weeks. pita. how much overhang are you talking about.
a142 is quite forgiving . try ratcheting it bit by bit. as long as you don’t go berserk.

Sponsored Links
Thanks both, Plan B it is then ;(

@bennymultifinish, its about 30cm over either side of the trailer.

The rebar is 2.6m wide, my understanding of the law is that I can have a max overhang of 30.5cm each side to allow a maximum total width of upto 2.9m in width. I am probably legal to tow as-is but it's a little close for my liking!

Last edited:
Back