Rebuild costs calculator accurate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a stone terraced house, quite small, 2 up 2 down, Buxton area.

I am trying to work out the rebuild cost for my insurance, I used the Abi calculator.
I entered the total external floor area as 90sq metres, I think the internal floor area is around 80sqm.

It's coming up with a top quality build around 400k, and a lesser quality at just over 250k.

Both seem very high to me, does that seem accurate?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Don't forget that it includes removal of the rubble that was your house, making the area safe, architects fees so on and so forth.

Thanks, yes I understand that.
The actualsale value of the house would be around 150k.
It seems a big difference.

Some insurance companies have a starting lowest building cover price that covers for 1M building so you don't have to bother doing any maths

Sponsored Links
Most insurance companies have calculators built into their quote system or have a single estimate which is mentioned by aveatry.

I wonder how they'd rebuild a mid terrace as an insurance job? Solid uninsulated walls, half brick wall between you and neighbours, uninsulated floors - would they have to build to current regs.

I wonder how they'd rebuild a mid terrace as an insurance job? Solid uninsulated walls, half brick wall between you and neighbours, uninsulated floors - would they have to build to current regs.
would they have to build to current regs.
Yes
Wonder if a rebuild cost for a terraced should be higher than a detached bungalow as they would have to do extra work shawing up the houses either side

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back