reccomend pump for entire house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

a new customer called me and he has had a new full bathroom & shower installed a few months ago and instantly noticed a few schoolboy errors like the hot and cold taps wrong way round but the reason i was there was that this plumber had fitted the whole house (hot and cold supplies) on a twin impeller shower pump and no flange on cylinder but did enlarge cold water storage tank. This pump only lasted a few weeks and failed so plumber fitted 2 x single pumps grahams own altech i believe and now one has failed. I think having no flange hasnt helped but the way hes plumbed it in theres a bath, bar shower, kitchen sink hot feed running off it so i would have thought it would require a more heavy duty full house pump am i correct or any ideas guys?

Rich

Sponsored Links
has anyone come accross this before?
just been thinking about options and should i go for 1 twin feed pump or
2 x singles as if i had 1 twin pump and ran say just the hot could this knacker the cold side as theres no outlet open for it? i have only fitted pumps for single showers so this is quite new to me.

cheers

Rich

Sponsored Links
I'd use a monsoon 3 bar twin for the whole house , WC's taken straight from main/CWSC (nuisance noise at night when flushing loos) , hot feed to inlet side of pump taken via essex flange (preferably) or surrey.

Dependant on size of cold feed to cylinder you may have to upgrade to 28mm at least.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back