Recent boiler installation help

Sponsored Links
The problem is that the old boiler went tilt in the middle of winter so it was hobsons choice on the fact about complaining or freezing.

The guy of course was paid, im self employed myself so the quote was agreed and payed up fully.

I bit the bullet on the workmanship until the thing started whistling on initial warm up. Baxi sent out a fitter who said the noise was probably down to a bodged up flush on installation; is the present air attributed to another installation problem??

Apart from the air it is working ok, so how can I get the guy back on the basis of workmanship without an independent inspector from Gas safe and potentially, if something is wrong, get his permit revoked.

I put this on here for someone to give me a legit reason to get him over, without the safety inspector in the room with myself and him.

Try ringing the guy and asking for his help instead of putting it as a threat. As a self employed person yourself how would you react to a customer with attitude! For all you know he has done all the right things and improved your installation but it just has a few teething problems, not related to his work.

Yeh your upset with the situation but give the guy a chance.

Sponsored Links
I also agree with that!

But even if he did not clean the system adequately its nothing to do with Gas Safe as its not a safety issue.

Tony

As I said I have fitted a a fair few of these, got one to fit in a couple of weeks, they are a reasonable boiler as boilers go, and Baxi seem to play ball on coming out on warranty stuff, but as I said, they do seem to be fokkers for air problems initially, I think I have had air problems on every one I have fitted, all fitted to the book pipework wise, pipes straight up, vent and feed arrangements, air separator, one I fitted was a low head arrangement, all to instructions, bloody thing wouldn't fill the boiler, disconnected the flow pipe at the boiler, nothing, had to cold connect mains to push the air out the boiler and get it to fill, it faffed around a couple of days and then settled, from my experience the Solo's seem to be like this.

Anyway, I sorted all of them at my own expense, but then I quote and charge a proper price for such eventualities, too many cheap merchants, so they ain't interested in coming back.

Not gas related so not a safety matter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back