RECESSED MICROWAVE SENSOR too sensitive

D

Deleted member 137318

Hi

Does anyone have a good idea how I can resolve my microwave sensor light switch issue? I bought a ZINC RECESSED MICROWAVE SENSOR 360° at Toolstation for a basement bathroom. It works a treat but when someone upstairs treads directly above it, it comes one.

Apart from looking like the bathroom is 'possessed', it's a waste of electricity. I've tried adjusting the sensitivity but it seems more able to notice who's above it than who's below it. (I guess I shouldn't have gone for the 360° model). Is there anything I can put above it that might stop it detecting 'everything'? Shall I bin it and get a PIR version?

Sponsored Links
I may have found the answer already on a physics forum. Apparently you build a 'Faraday cage' around it using aluminium kitchen foil. Not sure how I'm going to do this through a 65 mm hole (may need to lift a floorboard) but if it works, I'll report back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back