Reclaimed rosemary prices

oh well, hope you have better luck getting your roof completed Bryan. ;)

Sponsored Links
the roofer sounds like a dodgy character imo.

pilfering a few quid on unused materials, no upstand on the leadwork, and he should have used tile and half instead of silly little cuttings in the valley.

get the work checked before you pay him Bryan.

Was thinking of getting it checked out any idea how much do the BCO normally charge to inspect a small roof, the scaffoldings still up at the moment so would be easy.

Building Control do not get involved with issues like this. The quality or integrity of workmanship is not of their concern.

Clients (ie you) can have an architect/contract administrator or similar to oversee the work unless they do-it-themselves

Building Control do not get involved with issues like this. The quality or integrity of workmanship is not of their concern.

Clients (ie you) can have an architect/contract administrator or similar to oversee the work unless they do-it-themselves

You are correct , I found out the same info today.

Sponsored Links
Builders have to buy full packs, some buy more to save time, others want 100 sq m but order 110 sq m to allow for breakages. With tiles one man can lay 500 on a job, and another guy doing the same job can lay 545.

This issue revolves around what was agreed at the contract stage, its normal for the builder to keep all the left overs, he might have reckoned on a saving of £100-00, and it keeps him happy. Clients who want the left overs are not the best clients to deal with, just pay the man and have done.

* I have had three clients like this, all had the audacity to invite me back to do more work for them and one got screaming mad upset when I said Please try Yellow Pages not us!. He actually said "it was our duty to work for him again", 6 months later I did his bosses house, a Police Supt, and just maybe he got sacked because I was told he was heavily disliked at work and my comments to his superior tied in with what everyone else in the Police Force had said about him.

Sounds like you had the Bad Cop /Good Cop routine ...

its an interesting one isnt it.

Personally as a roofer Iwouldnt want all them tiles left over so would have purchased what I needad as I went on then working out roughly want I need to finish. Theres always bits left over isnt there. I've always took them home with me & if im unsure about the customer, I make sure the bits go in the van as I go along.

The price the roofer as said for the rosmarys didnt sound too bad, and I would have hoped the customer would have believed me. If the customer is too much on the ball googling prices etc... then the roofer should have been a bit more honest/ or got a blank ticket and filled it in to suit.

Craig

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back