Reclaimed rosemary prices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New roof nearing completion on my third bedroom extension and the builder has over ordered the tiles, there are 650 plain reclaimed rosemarys and 17reclaimed rosemary hip bonnets left over. He said he would return the tiles and knock the money off the final bill, problem is he said the tiles only cost 15p each and the hip bonnets about £2:00 each.
The prices I have found on the net are at least twice that, could he have got them that cheap or is he extracting the urine

Sponsored Links
ask to see the receipt Bryan........we would have no way of telling how much he paid for them.

I did he made out he had misplaced it, this was after I had seen him looking at it for the phone number about 1 hour earlier.
I just wanted to know the rough going rate for the tiles not an exact price.

new rosemarys are around 40p each so i suppose it wouldnt be unrealistic to pick up 2nd hand for at least half that imo.

Sponsored Links
The reclaim yard almost certainly won't credit back at the price paid, they will have a re-stocking charge.

Those prices are very realistic

Did he give you a supply and fix price?

Yes all materials included in estimate, anyway he's taken them back but dont know how much he got yet.
I think he should refund me the price he quoted on his estimate because that is what he charged me, its not my fault he over estimated by so much.

If the materials were included in the price it's not really any concern of yours whether he over or under estimated. Dunno why he's offering you a discount at all.

There is always one... You were given a price (estimate) to tile your roof Labour and materials. This guy has materials delivered, does the job as he said. (supply materials to do your job) any he never used were never yours. just like the diesel he put in his van to get to your job.. Do you want a refund for any thats left in the tank?

As joe rightly says "it's not really any concern of yours whether he over or under estimated"

I certainly would not credit anything.

One wonders if he was short on Mats you would have paid him extra????

There is always one... You were given a price (estimate) to tile your roof Labour and materials. This guy has materials delivered, does the job as he said. (supply materials to do your job) any he never used were never yours. just like the diesel he put in his van to get to your job.. Do you want a refund for any thats left in the tank?

As joe rightly says "it's not really any concern of yours whether he over or under estimated"

I certainly would not credit anything.

One wonders if he was short on Mats you would have paid him extra????

You really don't know what your talking about do you, in your eyes it's ok to charge customers for materials you don't use what a load of rubbish. The estimate is worked out on the basis that a certain quantity of materials is needed to complete the job if the materials can be returned for a refund why shouldn't the customer be charged less than the original estimate after all it is an estimation and shouldn't always work out in the builders favour.

Bryan, were you given a quote or price for the job, i.e. an overall quote for labour and materials?

Your blinkered Buster.. I do know what i'm talking about , and if you did you would not be here asking advice on how to shaft a builder..

I often over order S/H mats so i can use the best of the load and then send back what i'm not happy with..

A price is a price. As said before if the guy was short , no doubt you would say hard luck mate!!

Yes all materials included in estimate, anyway he's taken them back but dont know how much he got yet.
I think he should refund me the price he quoted on his estimate because that is what he charged me, its not my fault he over estimated by so much.

I skim read the o.p. and have just scanned this!

You are a despicable customer and are talking absolute bawlix.

What a tool! :rolleyes:

Yes all materials included in estimate, anyway he's taken them back but don't know how much he got yet.

I skim read the o.p. and have just scanned this!

You are a despicable customer and are talking absolute bawlix.

What a tool! :rolleyes:

It is you that is a tool, did I become abusive first no I didn't. You know know nothing of the circumstances surrounding this job and the basis the price was agreed if you did you would understand. Are you a builder by any chance. :rolleyes:
I know most builders are dodgy people generally but I have been fortunate in the past and only had to deal with one who was a genuine good guy, pity he retired.

Brian, you are a dodgy customer, say no more.

Either the guy gave you a quote or he did not. Otherwise you are misleading the regular contributors.

There may be extenuating circumstances to your particular job, of which none has been conveyed to us non mind reading mortals.

Next time post us all the details eh pal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back