Reclaimed wooden table and bench with handmade steel legs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

I made a computer desk last year using some old scaffolding planks

//www.diynot.com/forums/your-projects/my-diy-computer-desk-with-hairpin-legs.340216/#2538317

So thought I'd share with you my new kitchen table with bench to match. I purchased some Canadian maple flooring strips from a salvage yard a few months back and decided to create something a little bit different.

I had a sheet of plywood in the workshop which I cut to the size required. I then placed all of the flooring strips on the sheet to see if I had to cut any down in size. When all looked like it would fit I then got some flooring glue used for laying parquet flooring and bonded the strips to the plywood. I then capped the ends of the table using some left over maple strips.

I did the same when making the bench top and then went over all with the belt sander. Finished the wood off with some antibacterial hardwood oil.

I then fitted some of the hairpin and new bench style legs that we make in the workshop and voila!

Job done. Hope you like

bb9ebd9306683087ad7bb0277b6264b8.jpg

fa462088399453ba7ba5b0c57faacc3c.jpg

74841bd808b9e19f41197828063b0086.jpg

6fd0692feaf20d30e8ca2130f2fa4ea8.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back