Recommend a cheap wireless thermostat please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted one of these in mothers house IMGP7319_20_21_tonemapped.jpg and it got weaker and weaker with the RF link and had to be moved closer and closer to the base. This one 84067_P.jpgwas very good, but not programmable, and are now rather expensive, the idea is to put it in parallel with the existing Nest so when the wind is in wrong direction it can turn on heating in the living room when hall is still warm. So both Hive and Wiser single channel would work, and would also allow the use of a linked TRV head in wife's bedroom. However with all the Chinese stuff there seems to be some rather cheap thermostats around, so trying to decide what is the best route?

I have Kasa and Energenie TRV heads, but both seem to use non wireless thermostats to link to, and Nest have released temperature sensors, but only for the US version. I also have 5 x eQ-3 heads but they are bluetooth not wifi. Hive at £69 at moment seems cheapest option but Wiser is only £89 and the TRV's which go with Wiser seem to have better reviews to Hive.

I have a zigbee hub already which works lights, so not sure if it will work with Hive or not. Honeywell DT4 at £38 is cheap but not programmable. The ESi ESRTP4RF+ at £50 programmable and Wireless seems about the cheapest I have found, there is Heatmiser Slimline-RF Wireless at £48 but says for underfloor heating.

Sunvic TLX1010 at £30.67 but clearance at moment cheapest. But how long will it last?

So any ideas please?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back