Recommend: Bullet or dome camera with IR with 5- 20mm VL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a simple DVR set up, with a 5-15mm dome camera looking onto the entrance of our drive into the cul-de-sac. However, its just not quite near enough to get number plate recognition of passing cars. I just need a little more zoom. Can anyone recommend a 12vDC Camera, bullet or Dome with a 20mm Varifocul lens and IR please?

Thanks

John

Sponsored Links
no 100% sure, but don't want to risk 18mm, may not be quite enough but 20mm will certainly be enough. Can almost read a plate in good light.

You can get a few with 5-50 mm that will give you better scope, the issue will be with the ir range. I can recommend Videcon/ concept pro cameras very good life span compared with the cheaper non brand cctv cameras, vista / samsung/ genie rate good .

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the heads up. Looking at a AIR45/50. 50mm.

I see it has IRs, but looking at the manual doesn't seem to be switchable, so how do you get on with the light level the IRs come on at? Any problems?

How long is the cable that comes out of the back for the power and coax?

I have looked at the manaiul but it does not tel me.

Thank ytou.

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back