Recommend me a quality iron on white edging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The white melamine edging that I have ever used always seems to be paper thin and shows every speck of dust underneath. Maybe I'm just buying cheap stuff, I have some now from selco that was £7 for 10m x 22mm and its thin.
I have looked on the web for some and most do not state the thickness, what I have seen starts at 0.4mm.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks but I have some of that and its not very good, the actual serface is very much like paper and not melamine also it may feel thicker because its self adheasive peel off the backing and stick on and not iron on which I am not convinced will last. Over all I think any cheap stuff is better than the hafele stuff.
Thanks again for your suggestion.

Thanks but I have some of that and its not very good, the actual serface is very much like paper and not melamine also it may feel thicker because its self adheasive peel off the backing and stick on and not iron on which I am not convinced will last. Over all I think any cheap stuff is better than the hafele stuff.
Thanks again for your suggestion.
Worked fine for me.

Another thing I have noticed is that the hafele one and the selco one are not very white, sort of yellowy Out of desperation I have brought some from b and q for gloss and it has an odd print dot screen patten on it - so swapped for a 5m length of standard stuff from the furniture board isle and that is the best white so far, I will report back what I thought of it in use.

Last edited:
The white melamine edging that I have ever used always seems to be paper thin and shows every speck of dust underneath. Maybe I'm just buying cheap stuff, I have some now from selco that was £7 for 10m x 22mm and its thin.
I have looked on the web for some and most do not state the thickness, what I have seen starts at 0.4mm.
It’s a tricky one as the professional edging which 0.8mm is usually pvc and is made for edge banding machines - be careful as you can buy it pre glued but again it’s for edge banding not iron on.

I don’t know if this is any better, it’s made specifically match Egger MFC boarding, so in theory might be used by small cabinetmaking shops that lack an edge bander

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back