Recommend Me A Washer / Dryer - Under £450

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My current washer / dryer (Hotpoint 1000 Deluxe 9925) is leaving bleach-like marks in random loads, it doesn't do it all the time. Maybe every 1 in 4 and only on a couple of items at a time.

Anyway it is getting very annoying and I would like to get a replacement, if you guys could please recommend me a decent washer / dryer or under £450 it would be very much appreciated. The cheaper the better obviously, but I don't want to sacrifice quality too much.

Oh, and it needs to have no extraction tubing for the dryer part... due to the unit being situated away from a window.

Thanks

Chris.

Sponsored Links
you said if you guys could please recommend me a decent washer / dryer this is a diy forum, made of people just like you, (in that no one on here gets paid) we can only offer an opinion.

I think all washer dryers should be have 3 sharp, 2 soft and one cement put in them then turned on :confused:

I say this (i did used to work for a well known white goods company repairing w/m's ) because:

they dry differntly than a TD (they use recyled air in a condensor)

they can only dry half of just washed load (so that means you have to use it twice)

they cost more

they break more often (because there is more to go wrong)

yes they do save space (one m/c instead of 2) but i would always suggest 2 separate m/c you can even get a stacking kit for hotpoint, so td can sit on w/m

Definitely more to go wrong, just like combi boilers. There is a small shop near me run by an ex washing machine engineer and he sells graded machines. That is brand new but dented, but if it's on the side what does it matter? You get the full guarantee and I've bought a two washing machines and two tumble driers from him at a good saving on the new price. I'm near Peterborough but there must be other shops like it.

hmmmmm....peterborough, now i wonder could they be hotpoint m/c

Sponsored Links
Absolutely right breezer and I used to live a few yards from the factory. They had a shop on site where you could buy spares.
The guy who sells the graded m/c's does also sell Hoover and I've just realised I've got one of his Hoover freezers as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back