Recommendation for metal shed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning to get a new metal shed. I have never been keen on metal shed in the past, but that seems only choice for our back garden.

The old wooden shed is bad state full of holes and the foundation under the floor seems sunk into the ground, so the soil on the ground is visible through gaps of the floor.

There are couple of rain leaks too. But most serious problem is mice. I have noticed mice droppings in some of the boxes with books. I had to bin all the content in the boxes, and bleached the boxes.

So looking for a new metal shed this time. I have read reviews on metal sheds, and problem seems, thin low quality metals, possible damage from strong winds and nightmare assembling procedure with thousands of screws and nuts.

And I am not sure which one would be best make either.

Size I am considering is eight by six. Any recommendations or advice? Thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I don't have any personal experience of metal sheds, but a friend has one and he complained of problems with condensation on inside surfaces dripping onto things stored in it.

I got a plastic one several years ago, but I'm afraid I can't remember the brand.

It is still standing solidly and, of course, plastic doesn't rot or rust. Easier to lift and put together too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back