Recommendation of thermal imaging camera?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I'm looking to buy a FLIR camera. Can anyone recommend any? I just need it for general residential use not commercial stuff.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
The decent reliable kit like the bosch is commercial and upwards of a grand. Otherwise you take your chances with the cheap chineese stuff.

I'm on the look out. And bean advised to stick with Flur. I'd rather psy a couple of hundred mire and get the best in that range. I think they can get silly money.

Hi all,
I'm looking to buy a FLIR camera. Can anyone recommend any? I just need it for general residential use not commercial stuff.
Cheers

I started a thread in tools and materials forum

Sponsored Links
I’ve got a cat s60 phone, with a built in flir camera. It’s good enough for most things and is incredibly tough.

I think I paid £175. But they seem to have gone up a little. Way better than a plug in camera which I’ve had in the past

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I’ve got a cat s60 phone, with a built in flir camera. It’s good enough for most things and is incredibly tough.

I think I paid £175. But they seem to have gone up a little. Way better than a plug in camera which I’ve had in the past

That is interesting. What do you use it for?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
That is interesting. What do you use it for?
Finding heating pipes in walls, before and after cleaning a heating system. The after pics impress the customer and you can get a good idea of the improvements in circulation

Finding heating pipes in walls, before and after cleaning a heating system. The after pics impress the customer and you can get a good idea of the improvements in circulation

So not as good as a designated stand alone camera but useful for everyday use?

So not as good as a designated stand alone camera but useful for everyday use?
It’s at least as good as the plug in flir type camera, but not as good as something expensive. I don’t think it can be beat for the price though.

That CAT phone looks like it will do the job and a few extra features also. The CAT s42 seems to have a flir cam also. Whats the air quality tester like on the CAT phone?
I was also interested in the UNI-T red FLIR cam. Its a make i've used before for digital clamp meters etc. Anyone got any experience with this? If the CAT phone does the same i'll probably just buy one of those units.
Thanks for the replies

Sponsored Links
Back