Thermal imaging cameras

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thermal imaging cameras. Amy recommendations.

Any experience out there for a good one that's good on finding leaks an pipes in floors and walls

Sponsored Links
Oh dear have you been doing some dodgy soldering......maybe its too much caffeine making your hands all shaky :)

Oh dear have you been doing some dodgy soldering......maybe its too much caffeine making your hands all shaky :)

Are you sure your in the right place?

Tory moaning is on GD

Sponsored Links
I have a CAT phone that does the FLIR job nicely. There are other cheaper Chinese branded phones with FLIR too - but don't buy one of these if you intend to use it as an actual phone (they leak private data to the CCP)

Nozzle

I have a CAT phone that does the FLIR job nicely. There are other cheaper Chinese branded phones with FLIR too - but don't buy one of these if you intend to use it as an actual phone (they leak private data to the CCP)

Nozzle

+1 for the CAT phone, a mate used to have one. Not a brilliant phone but the IR camera was impressive and the phone was sturdy/rugged.

Bod, you can rent these thermal cameras from tool hire companies.
Not all hire companies stock them but assuming you are near a major city they should be able to order one in for hire, or recommend a place that does lease them out. A decent one will set you back £200 and unless you are using it all the time, I really wouldn't bother buying one.

If you must insist on having one, and you have an android, I have heard good things about this one : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Topdon-TC0...19bf6e28b6287&language=en_GB&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

I prefer to rent just about all the tools I use now because they are maintained and cared for and constantly recalibrated. Gone are the days where I would go out and buy expensive gadgets that just go on to collect dust on a shelf. It's also somewhat of a social event and it keeps the lads at the tool hire companies in business. :giggle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back