Recommendations for controls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any opinions on what are the best / most reliable 2 or 3 port valves?
I see Honeywell are the most expensive, are they the best? Siemens/Drayton/Horstmann/Sunvic/Danfoss any good?

In the old house I had an old (really old) Honeywell 3 port that failed. Found out when I got wet it didn't have a removeable head. Didn't know at the time it could have a new motor so replaced the whole unit. Fitted a Sunvic Unishare as I thought the idea of a full rotation (rather than the stalled motor technique of the Honeywell) might be more reliable. The head failed after about two years (electronic inside) and when I went to swap it I found the valve body weeping by the actuator rod also so swapped it too.

Would like to only fit one once for the next say 5 years in this house so any recommendation for trouble free units would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I think the answer already lies in what you have written. Your Honeywell was old, and had given many years of service. With a repair, it would have gone on for many more years. You then fitted a cheaper and IMHO inferior unit which didn't last long.

It's that old saying - 'You can buy a good thing that's cheap, but rarely buy a cheap thing that is good.'

I only fit Honeywell.

Sponsored Links
Funnily enough, I think one Honeywell is cheaper than two Sunvics. That should make a wise person smile!

Honeywell it is then, thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back