Recommendations for wireless home CCTV system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Wondered if anyone can help me out, and I'm trying to do research but can't find any actual items on google for me to look at.

We had our outbuildings broken into recently, and now we are looking to set up CCTV to try and protect ourselves a bit more. The system needs to be wireless as we can't run cables from the outbuildings all the way back to the house.

I've been trying to find actual wireless external cameras to look at specs etc. but google won't show up anything for me. Just keeps offering me stuff from maplin, but I'm looking for good quality gear as the area tends to have a lot of break ins (rural area) so we want to try and catch people if it happens again.

I need an 8 channel DVR and external wireless cameras with night vision and motion detection also if possible. Or is it better to have a low lux camera instead of night vision? Can anyone suggest any models to look for, or point me in the direction of somewhere I can find some?

I know the gear will be expensive, but needs must. I'm not in the position to go spendings thousands and thousands on items, but I realise the good quality stuff will cost.

Thanks

Gary

Sponsored Links
That may help if they do retail to UK. Also you need some expirience with IP setup and routing.

201307261921149508.jpg

http://www.goscam.com

Sponsored Links
CCTV does NOT protect anything. Spend the money of locks and other means to prevent entry, this will provide better protection. All that CCTV can do is to collect evidence to give slightly more chance of identifying the criminals and then maybe recovering the stolen items.

Overt CCTV isn't much of a deterrent either as face masks and hoodies can prevent even the best CCTV from getting an image good enough to be used to identify the criminals.

Wireless CCTV is seldom able to give reliably good images and the determined intruder can easily knock out the wireless link.

Using covert cameras with on board solid state recording is probably the best option, with some overt cameras for the criminals to deal with the hope they then do not look for covert cameras.

wireless cctyv is pretty poor. Im a sales manager for a fire and security company in Scotland. - Go wired, that's my advice!! There should be ways and means of getting some cable around your home- loft/soffit? If it's tight you can use a single CAT5 rather than a Coax & Flex. Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back