Recommended adhesive for porcelain tiles on marmox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I have decided to use marmox tile backer boards on my bathroom floor. I am told to use a non solvent based flexible adhesive by the supplier of these. I intend to fix porcelain tiles and I am told by the supplier of these to use a powdered flexible cement based adhesive which cures by chemical reaction. Does that mean it is solvent based? In which case unsuitable for marmox? Anything that will suit the whole situation?

Sponsored Links
All powdered tile adhesives I know of set by chemical reasction. Even a 2 part adhesive like Bal fast flex set by chemical reaction. Use something like Bal rapidset flexible or Bal single part flexible adhesive and you'll be fine.
Don't use a pre-mixed adhesive.

Does it matter what colour adhesive I use? there is a choice of white or grey. I will be placing "mud" (greyish brown) porcelain tiles on the floors and walls and black porcelain tiles in the shower

Sponsored Links
Not with porcelain.
If you were thinking of using a light grout on the wall tiles, it may benefit you to use a white adhesive (so if any high points of adhesive are left, they're not obvious when near the surface of the grout.) Equally, if you are using a dark grout, then a white adhesive wouldn't be appropriate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back