Recommended Flue liners?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just after a bit of advise. I have looked through the forum and cant this answered elsewhere other than form 2010!
I need to supply our builder with a 7m 6" log burning stove and was wondering if anyone can recommend any decent flue manufacturers. I have seen cheap ones, but am worried that quality may be lacking. We will only burn wood, so if anyone has any suggestions on any decent ones (or which HETAS engineers use) I would be grateful. Also, if anyone else knows what bits I will need to purchase (it will be going in a standard chimney with a chimney pot on top) that would be great! Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Schiedel.... I always like to fit a 904 grade stainless cos you never know what they will chuck on their stoves. Considerably dearer but better quality..... Make sure that your builder fits it the right way up....The arrows should point upwards.

You'll also need a pot hanger for the top. but you are best for a decent HETAS installer do the rest

Normally you would be asking for the HETAS installer to advise you.

If not then remember that a wood burning stove is a controlled installation and still needs to be advised to Building Control.

Tony

Conveyancers are pretty hot on demanding HETAS certs, I get 2-3 calls a month from folk who have fitted their own stove and need a cert for selling their homes... My reply doesn't usually go down too well.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back