Recommended hot water heating system - immersion cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I need to have an older copper tank removed. Electric-only 2 bed flat.

Any recommendations for a basic entry level immersion heater system?

I think it needs to be vented and just straight forward and reliable.

~

I'm also considering an inline water heater for instantaneous heating and no storage tank?

(I once put this in a previous flat under the sink and removed the cylinder. It worked well for washing up but never tried to fill a bath with it, for example (bath was replaced by separate shower anyway).)

Would this instantaneous device save money on installation and produce enough hot water for a bath? Or should I stick with a standard tank.

One element or two?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
stainless steel cylinder from RMsolar, cheap, functional and strong.

forget instantaneous heaters, they wont fill a bath unless you like seeing the lights dim in the neighbourhood whilst doing so.

I am no expert. But Excelsior caught my eye. I have posted some questions about it for experts! :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I'll look at those. And another I found in my girlfriend's flat called a Range Tribune unvented. Quite a neat looking device it is too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back