Recommended OpenTherm 'stat for Intergas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got an Intergas Xclusive 36, currently controlled by a Hive wireless stat and Intergas weather compensation. Considering upgrading to an OT compatible thermostat.

It would need to be wireless both in communication and power (i.e. the room thermostat needs to run off batteries - it would be very difficult to get power to the thermostat in our hall) and ideally wall mounted. It would also need a 7-day programmer, and ideally mobile app control.

What are the best options? Currently looking at Nest, Honeywell T6R and Drayton Wiser but not sure if they run off batteries yet.

Is the Intergas Comfort Touch worth considering?

What else?

Sponsored Links
EPH Ember does everything you've asked for. Nest and T6 both require permanent power, either from being hard wired to the wall or plugged in to a socket and sat on a table stand.

Sponsored Links
God the EPH is ugly... Might be worth ripping flooring up to get power to where it needs to be after all!

Thanks for the replies all.

Honeywell have gone downhill a little, but still not too bad. As mentioned contact the Intergas shop, Nest E might work as this supports OT, heatmiser to name a few. The Drayton Wiser does run off batteries. All mentioned receivers take the power from the boiler - like your Hive does.

The Wiser remote stats run off batteries, the Hub needs mains (but it can/should go near the wiring centre). Opentherm is a bit ish on Wiser- mine is connected to my Intergas, boiler fires on command but I have no idea if Opentherm is actually sending data or just closing a circuit.

I'd go for the wiser.

I've got the evohome and it is ok, but it's not overly easy to setup, half the time it doesn't work and takes patience. Then as you add more components you have to do the complete setup procedure again. You can't just 'add' a new component as easily as you can with others.

Wiser have spent a considerable effort making improvements to the wiser since its release, it's come on leaps and bounds.

The tado requires a subscription for some features which tbh are features that wouldn't bother me having them or not, however there is scope for tado to continue to restrict features further when new updates are brought out which puts me.off this system

I was looking at the Wiser but seems it only supports OpenTherm on a combi with one channel. I have a heat only and three zone.

Anyone been able to get OT to work with the wiser with more than one zone?

I was looking at the Wiser but seems it only supports OpenTherm on a combi with one channel. I have a heat only and three zone.

Anyone been able to get OT to work with the wiser with more than one zone?

Providing you get the 2 channel heating and hot water version, it will be fine, the hot water should be set as priority

I do wonder controller manufacturers only support OpenTherm on combi boilers…?

Just so I understand correctly. I can use OpenTherm with a heat only boiler as long as I get one which support three channels as I have two zones and HW, is this correct?

As I want full power on HW and modulation on CH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back