Recommended smart thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Just had an external oil combi fitted, W-B greenstar heatslave II 18/25. I'd like it to be controlled via smart thermostat but struggling to understand which one would be best.

Rads are all on standard trvs, not smart trvs, so no individual zones for house controlled through thermostat.

Want an easy to use phone app to control heating times and the eco hot water function (pre heated tank of water not always required for example).

I've already bought a Nest Learning thermostat 3rd gen, but now having second thoughts about this as I'm told it's not great with W-B boilers due to lack of Open Therm compatibility?

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
The nest you have will be fine for your needs

Thanks. What was putting me off was a comment on this video from someone who appears to have the same boiler but was having issues with dhw...

Nest W/B installation vid (first comment)

Is this person having issues because he has a hot water storage tank? We don't have a tank, didn't think you would with a combi??

Sponsored Links
The nest 3rd gen can be used with any install just needs set up to what ever sytem it is fitted to

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back