Worcester Greenstar Heatslave II Smart Stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We're having a Worcester Greenstar Heatslave II external boiler fitted, and was looking at the Worcester Easy Control smart stat, which requires the easy control adapter to work with the oil boiler. Worcester technical say that this will only work the heating side and cannot control the dhw heat store, so we'd have to have a separate programmer with that.

Can anyone recommend a smart stat that will program both the heating and dhw heat store? Ideally one which we can add smart TRVs to at a later date.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
A simple timeswitch can control the DHW and leave you with the smart stat set up. Hot water control is very coarse on oil combi's.

Thanks Oilhead. Yeah, this would be acceptable I guess. Worcester recommend the comfort control for DHW with the easy control adapter and smart stat layered on top for heating control. Would have just preferred it all in one so we are able to turn DHW on from our phones if it's currently off on the timer. Surprises me that they have this ability on the gas combi but not the oil. I think its because the easy control stat is OpenTherm but the boiler is EMS, hence requiring the adapter?

Do you know if the older "wave" smart stat can do both?

Not familiar with the "wave". You can still get a timer you can switch on your phone. I can never understand why a gas combi has timed hot water as demand is controlled by usage.

Sponsored Links
Use the honeywell lyric t6rw+hw. This will control both heating and hot water

Thanks Oilhead. Yeah, this would be acceptable I guess. Worcester recommend the comfort control for DHW with the easy control adapter and smart stat layered on top for heating control. Would have just preferred it all in one so we are able to turn DHW on from our phones if it's currently off on the timer. Surprises me that they have this ability on the gas combi but not the oil. I think its because the easy control stat is OpenTherm but the boiler is EMS, hence requiring the adapter?

Do you know if the older "wave" smart stat can do both?
Gas combis and oil combis are not the same, they work in a different way,

Not familiar with the "wave". You can still get a timer you can switch on your phone. I can never understand why a gas combi has timed hot water as demand is controlled by usage.
the timer for hot water on the gas combi's turns the preheat off. ideal for night time or periods when you aren't at home. Now that many of the smart apps have geo fence they activate all these savings once you are further than x from the home. I have a few customers where we have used the honeywell T6R+RW on oil combis and it saves a bit with the heat store not being kept hot whilst the hot water is either timed to off or they are away from home

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back