Recon module from EMW wierdness.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A slug got into the control module of my WMUD962 Hotpoint Ultima and fried some circuits while on timer/standby.

Just got a recon from EMW.

Fitted it.

Turns on ok, then I start a wash it goes on/off/on/off etc with the water intake then the display goes off.

Then I turn the power off at the mains and the display lights up with 'power on'!

I'm assuming that the replacement module is probably bobbins?

Since the washer was in standby when the module originally fried (and tripped the consumer unit), I wouldn't think that anything else would be at fault within the machine?

My wife is near meltdown over this.

:(

Sponsored Links
'Then I turn the power off at the mains and the display lights up with 'power on'!'

Do you mean turn off then back on? Or it says 'power off'?

How long does it stay lit up for if it says 'power on' after disconnecting from the mains.

No.

I mean that I turn the power off at the mains, then the display lights up and says 'power on'.

Then the display goes off again, obviously as there is no power. But the display DEFINITELY shows 'power on' AFTER the power is off.

Weird, isn't it?

Surely a duff recon module?

:eek:

Weird that it says power on.
Can be normal for a delay in shut down after power disconnected but would expect it to say power off.

But its probably more intelligent than you and I and detects power has been removed and its telling you to 'Power on', power me back on!

Have you tried a spin only cycle?

Sponsored Links
Sorry but have to ask - are you sure its connected up correctly?

There plugs for the module all only fit at a single point so there's not much scope for error.

I connected the fried board and although it doesn't work properly I don't get any of the weirdness to the recon must be duff.

How annoying!

Wife is ready to kill me!

:(

Some boards have jumpers that have to be set for a particular model in order for them to work properly. Can you post a pic of both boards?

Sent the board back to EMW.

EMW implied that my washer had a faulty motor which had fried their board.

EMW said the board was rare and couldn't help further.

Bought a used board from Ebay immediately after coming off the phone to EMW.

Fitted used board to washing machine, and machine now functions perfectly.

Got a refund from EMW, but wouldn't use again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back