reconnecting a Honeywell V4073A diverter

Sponsored Links
What I do when changing a motorised valve head is cut the wires off at the terminal box leaving enough coloured wire to show which is which and then remove the old wires one by one and inserting the new wires.

That way at least I know I've connected the new one just like the old one!as I go.

What I do when changing a motorised valve head is cut the wires off at the terminal box leaving enough coloured wire to show which is which and then remove the old wires one by one and inserting the new wires.

That way at least I know I've connected the new one just like the old one!as I go.

I take photos or draw it out or do the same as you (just took a Fuji finepix apart and repaired the circuit board - micro stuff....I am no dummy :) ).....thing is after putting it back together (diverter not camera) it did not work......the problem could be elsewhere but because I changed the diverter I assume it is there where the problem lies.

Over the past year I have done 2 system flushes and a technician came in and repaired the boiler....pressure vessel, control units etc etc.

What can I expect to pay to have it sorted and who do I call in: an electrician, heating engineer, plumber to sort this out.

PS...just had a look at the junction box with a view to tracing and labeling.......scary stuff.....not going there!! Who ever did the original install should be shot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back