Recording telephone conversations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife needs to be able to record her telephone conversations for her work obviously with the permission of the person on the other end of the line.

I purchased a phonapart telephone recording adapter lead which I plugged in to the phone socket and connected to the mic socket of a recorder.

I tried it in the extension sockets & master sockets with no joy.
So being inquisitive I opened up the adapter and saw that the two wires in the cable where soldered to terminals 1 & 6, when I opened the master socket I only have 4 wires connected to 2/3/4/5.

Would it work if I was to just connect the wires of the adapter directly in to one of the extension sockets & the other end of the cable in to the mic socket of the recorder & if so which terminals would I connect the wires 2/3/4/5.

Hope some one can help.

Cheers Jim

Sponsored Links
I opened up the adapter and saw that the two wires in the cable where soldered to terminals 1 & 6, when I opened the master socket I only have 4 wires connected to 2/3/4/5.

Connext the wires in the said adaptor to terminals 2 & 5 , these are the 2 connections that carries the pstn signal.

Sponsored Links
my only concern with that is the incoming voltage when the phone rings

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back