Recruitment Agencies

Nah just general labour really. We had an apprentice in the workshops at HQ but when the recession hit, they got rid of 1/3rd of the workforce and he was one of them. Stupid really as he was the one that was costing the least, yet producing the same amount of work as others (in the cab shop)

Shortsighted employer really. Even though I was employed remotely from HQ I fought for the apprentice to be kept on up at HQ ( I was usually up there at least a couple of times a month) All to no avail though and they let him go. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
unlucky really, i guess, but from my exp it seems that there are quite alot of these short sighted people about and growing IMO.

good apperntice is worth his weight in gold
however a carp one is worth his weght in cow dunge

I've had different experiences with agencies, one you register with, and when any suitable work becomes available, they forward the information on for you, and don't take a cut.

And the other, where they will ring for a few random days of work, and when you turn up, the company turns you away saying they have enough staff for that day.

But being a middleman between the dole and an employer seems to be a boom business, as the OP says, as there seems to be all these agencies springing up to advise to get a job, but have no experience themselves. Seems like ex graduates that like the sound of their own voice, or ex teachers/salesmen selling the idea. And of course, these Quangos are heavily financed by the Government, with grants and bonuses, and if you are unemployed and don't attend 101 Interview techniques, or 101 Health and Safety..your money gets stopped.

Sponsored Links
it must have changed since i last used agencies,about 15 years ago,
i know when we used to turn up we used to be given all the crud jobs to do,but it never really bothered us as we used to say to the direct labour that we were earning at least £5 an hour more then they were,within a few days they realized we could do the job and wernt 5hite then we got better jobs to do.
we were in fact earning more then the direct foreman was,boy was he pi55ed off about it :LOL: .

Back