red emulsion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Any tips on using red emulsion, just painted dining room in Dulux (ruby fountain red) gave it 2 full coats and it looks really patchy! it was covering a magnolia. Just feel that if i was to give it another 2 it wouldn't be much better. Do i buy another tin or would maybe a flat mat in similar colour cover better? any help appreciated
Thx

Sponsored Links
the brighter colours tend to be a nightmare for covering. the only answer is apply more coats. i recently applied a bright orange paint to a wall and this required 4 coats to cover.

I have used this colour in my kitchen and it needed for coats to cover properly.

Also be aware that if you decorate your home in bright red, it is likely to make your family unsettled, especially children. Both as a teacher and a decorator, I have noticed a distinct correlation between red walls and appalling behaviour in children.

Sponsored Links
That tends to be when its in a bedroom. Colours can change our moods quite a lot without people even noticing. Thats why they use green in hospitals as its a recovery colour. The odd feature wall wont make much difference.

I understand what you mean but a red wall inthe house isnt going to change everyone into axe muderers !

I understand what you mean but a red wall inthe house isnt going to change everyone into axe muderers !

Of course not.

Actually, it is probably the combination of bright red AND crap DIY decorating which is so damaging to the adolescent pysche.[/i]

I remember once I painted the dining room at Telephone House , Opal
10 c 31 and that sent the union woman into a hysterical spin and she demanded it to be changed as she said it was making everybody sick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back