Red Hill twinned with Bagdad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sunday I picked up some friends from Spain at Gatwick airport.They are staying with me for a week.

Yesterday I took them to Redhill,I haven't been there for years and I don't want to go back there again in a harry.

The town was filthy,litter everywhere.It looked a s***hole.This is a town in the heart of Surrey green belt.I felt un-safe there as some yobs were shouting and swearing as they come out of a pub.They then started to have a fight.We quickly moved on.

We procceded into the shopping mail.This was no better.A gang of teenagers were running amok,swearing and throwing chips down upon shoppers below.

As we come out,there was a women,Eastern European,baby in arms which was crying.

She was saying:"Baby hungry,give me money for baby food please."
It's proberly the only English she knew.

I went into a news agent to get a paper.I asked the news agent about the women begging with the child.He told me not to give them money.There is a gang of them who beg.And at the end of the day their men folk pick them up.They would rather beg than work.It's in any case,proberly not her baby.They share them around.They pinch the baby to make them cry he said.

Is this England now?I felt ashamed in taking my friends to this s***hole.

All this time I never saw one copper on the beat.

Sponsored Links
I'm glad it did secureparks :D It's no place to take your family shopping.

Rommy

I work in Redhill and am considering moving here, you opinion is wrong.

What you witnessed are isolated incidents that can be witnessed in any town centre anywhere in the UK/world.

And please use the spell checker to correct YOUR bad English.... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Well if you want to live there that is up to you.I stand by what I saw.
It's a s*** hole.Good luck to you if you want to live there.
Is that better English for you sir.

I don't dispute what you saw, only your manner of reporting it.

As I said I work here and go into town most days, I have never felt threatened or worried and have not witnessed anything like you saw.

I will concede that the town centre is a trifle untidy at times, however this is usually after weekend markets and the like where the stall holders do not clean up after themselves.

I dear say if I came to your home town on an 'off' day the situation would be similar.

As far as comparing it to Baghdad, I have never seen a Hummer or American soldiers running around in riot gear hiding behind bins/street corners shooting innocent civilians......... :p

I could remember Red hill years back.It was clean and tidy and a place where you could take your family.It was yesterday.The place looked run down.Dirty. If you worked there,you're use to it.But for someone visiting
the town for the first time you see what it is.The payphone was vandlalized and someone had spat the contents of his dinner over it.

There was a fight outside of ONeals pub.The shopping mail had teenagers shouting and swearing,all the c&&&,f****.The shopping mail looked like it needed a good cleaning. I would never go there again.
All the best.

heeelllooo rommy :D :D :D
as daz says thursday or saturday is market day
i dont recognise the redhill you describe [i live there]
may i suggest your snapshot in time isnt the usual although i cant talk about after 7 in the evening because i am never about

i am assuming your talking about before 5 oclock at night !!!

was there football on or some other sporting event that may have stirred up the "roudy mass" :cry:

I do hope it was a snap shot.It was monday afternoon.I had friends with their kids from spain.We dropped off there because they used to live nearby some years back.What we saw was a run down dirty town.

On the seats across from the bus station someone had poured a Mc Donalds milk shake that had been there for sometime because it had gone off and was stinking.All around these seat were dumped food.You would not like to set there believe me.
My Friends remarked on how tatting the place looked since the last time they visit it some 15 years ago.

Outside ONeils two drunks were shouting and swearing at each other.
We had two young kids with us so we were concerned and got out of the way.We went in to the shopping mail and was ,with other customers,pelted with chips from kids from the upper level.They then started to shout swear.
There were no security officers about.We decided we had enough and left.
To me and my friends the place had a bad feel about it.
As you say you live there and you know it better that me.But what I saw on that visit I did not like.All the best.

yep that does sound very "unfreindly "
i am assuming it was because the kids where bored after the easter holiday warick [redstone]school was also closed this monday incase it was this week

oneils[the wheatsheif :D ]i had many a happy drink in but not over the last 10 or so years
i must admit on a couple of occasions in the middle of the afternoon because of the very open nature of the building with virtualy full height windows
the sound of very happy slurred singing has been heard but i have never felt threatend

having said all that if i went to croydon a town i havent visited for 10 years and noted the same antics as you did in redhill i would feel the same as you did and indeed probably get the wrong overall impresion

Daz66 said:
however this is usually after weekend markets and the like where the stall holders do not clean up after themselves.

Why don't they? - This is what is wrong with the UK. The council jobsworths who used to crack down on lazy b*stards like market traders are now slapping fines on middle-class households who put a bottle in the wrong bin -at least it's in a bloomin' bin.

A trifle untidy :LOL: :LOL: I`ve just been to Holland ..........and I had a job finding any litter .......there was a floating prison full of druggies....we should have one .....but leave ours floating in mid atlantic :LOL: and they`ve got a better attitude to sexual needs..........and less schoolkids pregnant than us .........we`re following the Roman`s empire.......but never mind the house prices keep rising as sure as the sun does ;)

God forbid,putting bottles in the wrong bins.I lay awake at night worrying about people putting the wrong type of rubbish in the bins.
We are lucking that we have a government that crack down hard on these environmental criminals.
Don't worry about all the shoottings , stabbings and muggings;as long as our government comes down hard on people that put bottles in the wrong bins. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back