red Hot or cold, no inbetween.

sounds a good bet I guess, but why did it work fine for so long? I'll put a new 15m tap on it tomorrow and eliminate the problem as I know there is loads of pressure in the normal open taps, thanks for the ideas.

Sponsored Links
I'm bit late on this one but I'd say you don't have enough water - the self-cutting connector does not let enough water through. My brother tried one of these for his garden tap and it was useless - he had to cut the pipe and put a proper T in and then it was fine.

On most electric showers, when you turn the temp tap you are actually adjusting the water flow, the electric power stays the same. With the water supply being constricted by the self cutting connector, your shower control hasn't got the full range of control. If you have two power settings, it should work better on the lower setting but not much of a shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back