10kw Triton Shower too Hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 10kw Triton Electric Shower which I cannot run 'warm'. With the setting on one red indicator and dial on first 'red' number 7 it is very hot. If I turn the dial right down to number 3 on the 'blue' (cold) numbers it does not cool down. Likewise if I select the blue cold water setting and put the selection dial to any red number to get warm water it just runs cold. Is this correct? Any info appreciated. Had it two years now so not an option to return. Good Shower but too hot.

Sponsored Links
Your best putting this on the plumbing section.
You may want to call Triton they may honour the warranty if its just out the 2 years. If not ask them about their service repairs. They can be competitive.

Is this a recent development?
I had a similar problem. Thought the shower was knackered but it turned out it was low flow to the shower. Not enough flow meant it heated the water a lot more. Mine was fed from after a pressure reducing valve and long story short, it works if you run a tap on the same feed (in my case the sink) then turn it off.

Cold water temp might play a part too. My shower will only be comfortable on the warm setting in summer, on high it's just too much on any number, however in winter you can put it on hot and turn the temp down low and get a real nice shower out of it.

Is this a recent development?
I had a similar problem. Thought the shower was knackered but it turned out it was low flow to the shower. Not enough flow meant it heated the water a lot more. Mine was fed from after a pressure reducing valve and long story short, it works if you run a tap on the same feed (in my case the sink) then turn it off.

Cold water temp might play a part too. My shower will only be comfortable on the warm setting in summer, on high it's just too much on any number, however in winter you can put it on hot and turn the temp down low and get a real nice shower out of it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I know we have very good water pressure it's just baffling. I will try the sink tap next time.

Thanks. I know we have very good water pressure it's just baffling. I will try the sink tap next time.

You could hear the difference in the flow from the shower. Just turn the shower on, warm or whatever but the temperature set as low as possible, open the tap up a good bit then close it. The flow out from my shower would drop with the tap open then increase above the initial flow after it was closed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back