Redcare GSM or Webway one

I

imigix

Has anyone had any experiance with webway and if so is it as good as care and as trouble free

Sponsored Links
Has anyone had any experiance with webway and if so is it as good as care and as trouble free
A large chain of convenience sstores is currently converting all its systems to IP signalling. As such, my shop had an alarm the other morning. First I knew of it was when I went to open up and the external sounder started. Monitoring centre knew nowt. :rolleyes: Broadband connections go stale and fail. Simple as.

A large chain of convenience sstores is currently converting all its systems to IP signalling. As such, my shop had an alarm the other morning. First I knew of it was when I went to open up and the external sounder started. Monitoring centre knew nowt. :rolleyes: Broadband connections go stale and fail. Simple as.

but, but think of the savings ...................... !

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't use broadband for this type of signalling, but do not agree with the comment of ADSL connections going stale....

ADSL does drop from time to time for a few seconds or so and will re-sync. Not all routers/modems manage to re-negotiate the link without a reset. Some routers/modems also just decide to lock up for no reason. However, if you want a stable connection, you get a decent commercial router/modem that is designed to run 24/7.

I do some work with companies which utilise VPN tunnels over ADSL to expand their corporate networks between sites. The more important links have dual ADSL links for redundancy, but this is more for line failure. Aslong as you use decent kit designed for the job (and not the domestic white goods from netgear or ISP supplied gear), there is no issues.

I still would not want to use IP signalling for crucial comms.

well i will now place my two pence in now.

having worked for one of Bradfords largest alarm companies (they are a national) fitting Webway 2424 to nearly all the sites they do.
if you go on the training course (free) that will help)

i fit them now to high end domestic or som,e of our high end commercial, its works via IP and standard phone line.

but personally i prefer to fit dual com.

now that is a really good unit, if you can fit redcare or digi, you can fit dualcom

better then redcare gsm, as they say that it is a dual path unit, it aint, onky dials out on radio if the redcare goes down.

dualcom goes out on both all the time.

but thats my opinion

never, and i mean never did we ever have a fault on Webway post installation.

ands that national convinience store chain are going over to Webway and away from redcare

I don't profess to be an expert on this stuff, being a sparks and not an alarm fitter, but my Father has had loads of problems with the dual com fitted to the alarm in his shop, mainly due to the radio signal going down all the time.

It is installed and maintained by their in house alarm company. (I will not name names, bit it's a big co. and they have their own ARC)

ah i see now,

that is an easy one, (well its eay but the big boys will alway try and succedd incharging high )

install a remote hi gain antenna to near the front or rewar of the building they cost about £28 £32 from CSL Dualcom direct.

hope that helps

well i will now place my two pence in now.

having worked for one of Bradfords largest alarm companies (they are a national) fitting Webway 2424 to nearly all the sites they do.
if you go on the training course (free) that will help)

i fit them now to high end domestic or som,e of our high end commercial, its works via IP and standard phone line.

but personally i prefer to fit dual com.

now that is a really good unit, if you can fit redcare or digi, you can fit dualcom

better then redcare gsm, as they say that it is a dual path unit, it aint, onky dials out on radio if the redcare goes down.

dualcom goes out on both all the time.

but thats my opinion

never, and i mean never did we ever have a fault on Webway post installation.

ands that national convinience store chain are going over to Webway and away from redcare

he knows more than the manf. brilliant, wrong info but still brilliant

rocknroll

please quantify your last comment please and the basis of it.

have they repo`d your company car yet?

dualcom doesnt "go out" on both lines all the time, thats rubbish

REDCARE GSM polls the radio side every 180(ish) secs - dualcom dials the line once every 25(ish) hours.

I know which ones more secure, thats why I choose it, your employer has a habit of taking "second supplier choice"*

*(if your familiar with MOD contracts you`ll understand.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back