Redecorating a partially replastered wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I've just bought a house which has had the lower half of a vertically lined&painted wall replastered following some damp proofing work.

I want to repaint the room to my preferred colour but am not sure of the best way to do this with the minimum of effort.

Do I need to remove the existing lining paper from all the walls and reline or can I just reline the replastered area(from ceiling to floor) butting the lining paper to the existing(painted) lining paper and then repaint the whole room?

Any tips would be apprechiated.

Cheers
Dave

Sponsored Links
What type of plasters have been used ! Is it sand & cement with DPC followed by two coats of multi-finish plaster ? Though make sure that all plaster has fully dried before decorating. However best thing to do is attempt to strip existing lining paper (will be harder to strip if been coated with soft sheen or silk) and if it wont budge then leave it and rub down and then apply polycell smoothover and only coming onto new plaster by at least 15cm (though apply a thinned down PVA mix PVA 1/5 WATER at 30 cm from top of new plaster down prior to applying smoothover and let dry) on the existing lining edge (also on stripped area if stripped), let dry, then rub down, then apply an thinned down 25% of vinyl matt (dulux trade) on new plaster and on smothover area and let dry, then apply an 10% thinned down vinyl matt (dulux trade) ALL over walls and let dry, then at a later date 6 months to a year apply two coats of vinyl soft sheen in order your walls are washable.

Id re-line the lot over the existing if its in good nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back