Redring Selectronic 'Ideal Temp' is too hot at 41 degrees C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently purchased Redring Selectronic for my disable daughter being promsied a top of the range electric shower.

However I find that the advanced temp lock setting at 5 is very hot with an output temp of 41 degrees cent.

I queried this with Redring and asked for a check under warranty but when their locally appointed plumber checked he confirmed that max temp of 41 degrees at level 5 was in line with spec. I was subsequently charged £80 as no fault found.

HoweverI feel that this temp level is not ideal as I have to reduce down to level 2 as 3 and 4 are also too hot. The temp lock is set at between 2 and 5 so I have to chnage to 'normal' operation to go down to 1, but when I do it is ice cold. There is no opportunity to have luke warm water temp.

I am rather disappointed in limitations of shower - I have had water pressure from mains checked by a local plumber and it seems powerful enough. as I was reluctant to go back to Redring under theire three year warranty as I had already tried to resolve problem of too high a temp with them.

Has anyone had a similar experience and what was the outcome or does anyone have any advice?

I am thinking of replacing it with a Redring 500 expression as a relative has one of these and they can adjust water more flexibly?

Grateful for any responses?

Regards

Shadow007

Sponsored Links
Sorry but I dont think I can be much help to you, Except to say 43oC seems to be what all hot water is set to in NHS buildings and care homes

well the company i work for does nhs work and yes any hot water outlets at sinks and wash hand basins must be no higher and regulated to 43 degrees, anything above this and u will scald ur hands, however ur hands can withstand more heat than the rest of ur body ans showers max temperatures r 38 degrees. i fitted 4 of them showers in hairdressing salon lately and found no problem. what temperature r u getting at number 1 setting?

Thank you all for your replies.

Advancedplumber - I have tested temp of water and results are:

5 = 43 degrees celsius
4 = 41.8
3 = 39.8
2 = 36.4
1 = 10

Hope this helps to provide an answer.

Regards

Shadow007

Sponsored Links
well would imagine the 2nd and half way is spot on with 36 /39 degrees c. like . r none of these settings workable for ur daughter. these particular showers r whats specified in alot of nursing home and nhs work, they r normally very good and i never had any complaints about their preformance.

i'd personably b disapointed at this too. the red ring expression r also very good shower with good flexable temperature setting. if u r changing make sure u keep the kilowatt rating of the cable feeding the shower. no bigger than 8.5 for 6mm cable and 10mm for 9kw up. :) good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back