Redring Verve Easyfit 8.5kw Electric Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today finally got round to replacing my old Redring California - it had a faulty heating control switch. Very limited with wires/pipes and tried to get a like for like replacement - nothing doing so I got the model in the title here.

Supposed to easyfit and after a 4 hour struggle got it done. Fired it up, no leaks and it gets hot. Job done or so I thought.

The shower head continued to leak a little water and on closely listenting to the shower case I could hear that it was still on. Checked the instructions again, took the cover off made sure everything was seated correctly, and it was and so tried again, same result.

On one attempt I put the cover up but left out the screws and it started and stopped as it should and no leaks from the shower head.

Put the cover screws back in and pressed on the outer cover and you could hear the unit starting up again - without the need for pressing the switch and there was a slight water leak from the shower head.

Don't think I've done anything wrong with the install so is this just a faulty on/off switch or is there something else you've heard about regarding this sort of shower?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If the wall is not flat / level ,the shower case / cover may be strained ,slightly twisted so to speak. I for one haven't fitted the shower model you have ,so not familiar with it at all ,but its Interesting that yours works OK when the cover is not screwed to the body ,sound like its being stressed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back